75100385

Is it possible to sue the French state through the UK courts ?

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Sadly not. You can only do that in France.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not at all happy with this answer - I said it was a non urgent request but needed a detailed answer. I received an answer in 5 minutes with just two words "sadly not" and this is not in any shape or form a detailed reply.I want to cancel this transaction since the answer is not helpful - please arrange for the transaction to be cancelled since the internet site will not let me do this.Thanks.
I am sorry you are unhappy my goal is to make you totally satisfied.
You can't because the UK has no jurisdiction over the French state. Any claim must be brought in the domestic country or the European Court of Human Rights.
Nowhere else. It is like suing the UK from Spain, it can't happen, they dont have the jurisdiction to hear it. Any claim against the state must be brought in the home country.
Does that clarify?