75100385

Consumer on faulty curtains sold by major shop saying dry cleaners

Consumer on faulty curtains sold by major shop saying dry cleaners fault customer believing shop
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer brought silk curtains with beads on explains beads may tarnish through cleaning process gave permission to clean first curtain cleaned ok the second one beads came off suggested to take back where bought they claimed excessive chemical clean caused damage so customer has taken shops word and I say manufacturing fault beads not fit for purpose
How much did you pay please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The customer is claiming £2000 from myself for damages on curtains I cleaned but my belief the curtains which ***** ***** made for customer comes under a consumer law fit for purpose and I believe they don't
Ok. Any dispute with you would be under Section 13 of the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 if you failed to act with all reasonable skill and care.
If you did then you are not liable. As you say when goods are purchased they must be fit for purpose, of suitable quality and correspond to description.
If they did not then ***** *****, not you are liable.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.