I have been asked to work as a locum doctor in a hospital with

I have been asked to work as a locum doctor in a hospital with a very short notice and with a verbal agreement.
Trust was not an issue as I have worked there for more than 2 years.
Unfortunately from October 2014 that I have worked those 3 shifts I have contacted the local managers in order to get payed but unfortunately they find always some kind of excuse in order to delay the payment.
The verbal offer was done by the consultant on call and I was offered more money than the usual rate.
Not only they have not payed but also claiming that they can not pay the amount I was initially offered because the consultant in question was not authorised to close the deal. Is there any way I can claim my fee?
Dr M
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do they accept that you were instructed on the original basis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes they do.

I have various mails from various managers instructing each other to send me documents to sign and or to make the payment. Of course with a different rate that verbally agreed. I would like to add that I was never send any documents in regard.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then it makes no difference whether they were authorised. They are liable for your fees.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.