12826847

I wanted to know if you were able to ask to see a prisoner

I wanted to know if you were able to ask to see a prisoner that is being held on remand when you are the witness to the case? My partner was arrested for common assault and witness intimidation to me and was then remanded until his court appearances. I haven't spoken to him or seen him since he was arrested but i feel as though to get some closure on everything that has happened i would like to ask to see him but im not sure if i would be able to as he is being held on remand.
Have you made allegations against him before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, he was first arrested on 18th June for common assault which is where i withdrew my statement and then he was arrested again last weekend for witness intimidation due to me withdrawing my statement which is why he has now been put on remand

How did the witness intimidation cover about?
People withdraw all the time. It gives rise to an inference but that isn't enough.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So does that mean I could ask to see him?
You can ask to see him. You are not on bail. Neither is he now because he is remanded.
The risk is that they will use the fact that you have visited against you in cross examination or that he will be accused of further intimidation but the latter is not realistically likely if this is just a visit with no evidence of intimidation.
In principle, though, there is reason that he could not send you a visiting order.