75100385

Also the Defendants put in their defence that I had an agreement

Customer Question

Also the Defendants put in their defence that I had an agreement with them in their limited company name - Geneva Printing Solutions - which is false (and I think I have got that covered). However they have now contacted an insolvency practitioner with regards ***** ***** up the business.
Last April they formed another business - Geneva PS Ltd - I think as a phoenix company (think that is what it is called). What is your opinion on this - is it legal or does it reak of deceit (maybe fraudulent trading)
Hello my name is ***** ***** thanks for asking for me.
They have tried to strike off their or your business?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I should have worded that better - their business - Geneva Printing Solutions. Mine is Menu Printers (trading as)

If they have applied to strike off you can object to that. In the event they set up a new company you can ask the court to pierce the corporate veil and make the directors personally liable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The court ordered them to re-file their statements in the prescribed manner with the statement of truth etc. This they have failed to do. Can I object to them giving evidence in the final hearing due to this. And could the court consider they have failed to submit evidence in support of their defence - whereby I put in an application to have their defence disallowed and automatic judgement entered (or is that pushing my luck a bit) xx

Yes and you can ask the judge to smoke out their case.
Does that helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bit of a naive question but what do you mean by 'smoke out' xxxx

Strike out, sorry!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thought that is what you meant. As usual you are a star. Thank you so much for being there xxx

Welcome.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.