75100385

I left a pair of binoculars in a deli shop accidently and when

Customer Question

I left a pair of binoculars in a deli shop accidently and when I went back in the next day I was told that nothing had been found.
I went back to try again a week later to be told "Ah yes the binoculars" and that had been found. However when the staff member went into the back room to collect them for me, they were not to be found.
They could not offer any explanation other than maybe the cleaner "moved them"
They held sentimental value for me and I wondered if I had any recourse especailly having been told originally that they had not been found.
I suspect they have been "lifted"
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to know if they have any sort of responsibility to me for "losing" these once they were in their possession.

They are now denying having them in the first place and refuse to accept any sort of responsibitly after telling me initially that they had not been found

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly it's your responsibility, you could claim for replacement and I will outline how.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/