12826847

I was caught speeding doing 90mph (shameful) on the 07/06/2015

I was caught speeding doing 90mph (shameful) on the 07/06/2015 and I only received my letter from the police on Friday the 10/07/2015 and the letter was written on the 07/07/2015. The police officer did say that I will be receiving a letter in the post with in 14 days so I was wondering can I take this to court as that is the only option to appeal this as it has ta***** *****er than 14 days to get to me.
Were you stopped at scene ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I was
I'm afraid that time limits are met here. The requirements are only that they either stop you at scene and disclose verbally or send a NIP out within 14 days. They haven't done the latter but they have done the former so their obligations are met.
The only other time limit is a requirement to lay an information before the court within 6 months of the offence and they are clearly still in time to do that.
I'm very sorry but that is your position.
Can I clairfy anything for you?