12826847

I was charged in Cornwall yesterday just over the

Customer Question

I was charged in Cornwall yesterday for bieng just over the legal amount of Alcohol,from drinks the night before.I live in Surrey and cannot attend in cornwall.They said I would be banned for a year poss.But as I have enphysimia CODP.I cannot walk far & if banned will be house bound.Is there any way I can get representation in Cornwall to plead my case.
Plus does it have to be in Cornwall as I cannot possblly get there
Are you on police bail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think that is what the form says

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I believe that is what the form says.I am nearly 69 and if my partner knew he would literally kill me

If you are on police bail then you cannot fail to attend.
If you do they will issue a warrant for your arrest which they will enforce by means of an arrest and detention in custody if necessary
I'n very sorry but this is not a summnons. You cannot plead by post or answer it by sending a solicitor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They said that I could send a solicitor as I live 5hrs away & have no transport

Oh yes, you can have a solicitor. M
But I'd you are on police bail then you need to attend. Failing to do is failing to surrender to custody which is an offence in itself quite often leading to a short custodial sentence.