12826847

There,I have been arrested assault by touching.

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have been arrested for sexual assault by touching. No charges brought against me as yet. On bail until 16th August 2016. I want advice on whether you think the CPS will decide to proceed.
I was at a party. Everyone was very drunk. I fell asleep next to a friends male partner on the settee. I woke to him shouting at me, saying I was a pervert and had tried to touch him up. I was shocked. He went up to bed. His partner (my friend) came downstairs asked me to leave which I did. Next day i text my friend saying I didn't intentionally touch him as I was asleep. He didnt reply. Just over a week later I was arrested, interviewed and released on bail. Guy involved said I had my hand down his boxer shorts and was trying to lick his face which I know didn't happen. He said it was a surreal experience and his statement made it sound as if he wasn't really sure what was happening. Everyone was really drunk. There was a delay before they reported this.
I'd like the know if you think there is enough evidence for CPS to proceed to charge me.
Have you told the police you were drunk?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes they know that
They may well know it but that is a different business entirely to you admitting it on tape under caution creating a situation where they don't have to prove it.
Have you said you don't remember?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I admitted I was drunk on the tape. Should I not have done that?
It would have been better if you hadn't.
Have you told them you don't remember what happened?