75100385

I was handed a "Restricted (when complete) - Conditional Bail

I was handed a "Restricted (when complete) - Conditional Bail to Police station Grant
Grounds: Interfering with witnesses or otherwise obstructing the course of justice.
Conditions:1- not to attend Superdrug
Reason why conditions appear necessary: Interfere with/ obstructs justice
Details of Police Station (Grant of Bail only): attend on 24/07/15 at 9.30
+ a Solicitor was appointed and attended the investigation
+ I have been told by the investigator officer that he might call before 24/07 to inform me of close of case otherwise I should attend on time
Please advise the implication of my case
--------------
Briefly I tried to exchange a faulty hair lotion which was refused by the shop assistant as it was leaking, I threw it on the counter and it leaked on his mobile then he asked me to leave and must have called the police.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You should just wait until 24th July and clearly not enter Superdrug. Until you know what has been alleged (sounds like criminal damage) then you do not need do anything.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex W

Thank you for your reply, and your kind follow up..

I am following your advice to wait until 24/07/15 to find out what has been alleged, I am also shocked to know that you think “it seems criminal damage”

However this is a cruel and critical period since 12/07, waiting anxiously for the case officer phone call rather than attending the police station again, meantime I am completely in the dark and do not know the implications in both cases “ either the phone call or the attendance”!.

1- Firstly I do not understand that (the reason why conditions appear necessary) “Interfere with/ obstructs justice” ! ? I believe that there was NO interfere with / or Obstruct justice …

The other options were: Committing an offence whilst on bail

For that person’s own protection

Failing to surrender to custody

For that person’s own welfare or own interests (if child or young person)

2- I do not understand why the police escalated the incident making it that serious?

3- Why could it be classified as “criminal” rather than “civil” matter

4- The problem is all about product’s quality control, if the spray function worked properly, I would not have to report the damage, however the superdrug attendant admitted he fault, but refuse to exchange it due to liquid leak and accused of tampering with the product

5- I don’t understand how come mobile phones should be permitted on the serving counter also whether it is personal or company

6- In the absence of any injury, Why have I been taken to the police station, in a police Van, held in a cell, seen by a solicitor then interrogated then released

7- I understand that I should not attend superdrug, but can I communicate with the appointed solicitor?

8- Should I have just accepted the damaged product, and the assistant decision

I am sorry for not grading NOW on: to wait until 24/07/15 to find out what has been alleged, however it will be highly appreciated if you kindly could comment on my above mentioned points of anxiety

Best regards

George

2. No, I dont understand why either, but a Court can review bail conditions
3. Its criminal if you damaged other property, its not civil
7. Yes you can communicate with a Solicitor.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex W

A7- "Yes you can communicate with a Solicitor".

+ I am happy with your answer,also in dealing with you, and will continue seeking your advice when I receive the phone call, or should I attend on 24/07/15 until its over,

+ I did not mean a random solicitor but I meant the appointed solicitor to the case at the police station who attended the interrogation , who might have an answer to the reason of escalating the case making it that serious, but he did not provide his details,

I doubt to get it from the station, and do not intend to ask the officer

Maybe that is why you advised to wait !

2- what you mean by "a court can review bail conditions"

Is it a court case?

Why the wait of 12 days

Is the review on 24/07/15

I will grade your answer, please advice how to continue & the charges

George

You need to wait to see what the Police do. If they charge you then the Police can review bail. If the Police take no action then the case is over.
Does that help>?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex W

I received the phone call from the police officer late Thursday 23 July, and advised that the case is closed without charge, and there is no need to attend on Friday 24 July

Thank you for your kind support in this matter

Best regards

George

Great news!