75100385

We were involved in an accident (a car entered the roundabout

We were involved in an accident (a car entered the roundabout to our left and drove into us). The insurer's refuse to accept liability as they say they have 2 witness statements. The police had aleady ruled that we are not responsible for causing the accident based on these witness statements, and they contacted both these witnesses, One said they were not prepared to go to court, the other said they were not prepared to provide the police with a statement.
The witness who refused to provide the police with a statement in March 2015 later provided the other insurer with a statement (April 2015) and stated they are prepared to go to court.
Can the witness do this legally? Refuse to provide the police with a statement, and then later provide the other insurers with a statement?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Please do not confuse criminal proceedings with civil. Can a witness refuse to give a statement, yes they can. Can they refuse to give a Police statement and give one to the insurers - yes.
This is because as indicated criminal and civil proceedings are two different things. The matter can go to the County Court and decide who they believe. Of course your own Barrister would question the witness as to why they didnt want to co-operate with the Police.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.