31090051

If in a court case I have a signed letter statement from a

Customer Question

If in a court case I have a signed letter statement from a witness, but in court he will say that he never wrote that letter, but he admit that the signature in the letter is his, is that letter is a valid proof?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.The letter isn't proof that he wrote it. It is proof that it is a letter with his signature on it. The witness may be in some difficulties and may have to explain how his signature appears on the letter but if the letter isn't witnessed, it isn't self proving. Evidence about the letter would have to be heard. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.