75100385

We have signed a tenancy agreement, start date is monday next

Customer Question

We have signed a tenancy agreement, start date is monday next week. The landlord hasn't signed the contract yet. Can we request that the landlord sign the tenancy by tomorrow otherwise we cancel our offer?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes.
Unless both parties sign the contract either party can cancel the contract at any time. So yes if the Landlord hasnt signed by tomorrow you can cancel the contract.
It must be signed by both parties to be binding.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. We have decided to cancel the contract in the absence of landlord answer and after we also found out that the property is still listed on the market (by another letting agency). The contract has been on-line (using docusin) and we have already paid deposit plus 1st month rent. What is the best way to cancel the contract and claim a refund?

I wrote an email earlier today (see quotes below). Could you please let me know if I need to do anything else to notify the cancellation?

"In the absence of clarity and answer from the landlord we have decided to cancel the 19D Durham terrace tenancy agreement. More over we have just found out that the property is still currently listed on the market (see http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/37335614?search_identifier=9db122f2ed4d8bb6bfa03480d0cb4454#80mkfvxZQxQ3ZPES.97 ). This is clearly not acceptable, on this basis we can’t trust the landlord.

Could you please arrange for all fees to be refund as soon as possible.

"

No that is fine. There is nothing else you need to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am now waiting for the refund. They agreed by phone but it hasn't been proceeded yet, nor confirmed by email.
What actions can I take to ensure the refund is performed promptly?
Nothing else at this stage.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.