Thank you for your answer. We have decided to cancel the contract in the absence of landlord answer and after we also found out that the property is still listed on the market (by another letting agency). The contract has been on-line (using docusin) and we have already paid deposit plus 1st month rent. What is the best way to cancel the contract and claim a refund?
I wrote an email earlier today (see quotes below). Could you please let me know if I need to do anything else to notify the cancellation?
"In the absence of clarity and answer from the landlord we have decided to cancel the 19D Durham terrace tenancy agreement. More over we have just found out that the property is still currently listed on the market (see http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/37335614?search_identifier=9db122f2ed4d8bb6bfa03480d0cb4454#80mkfvxZQxQ3ZPES.97 ). This is clearly not acceptable, on this basis we can’t trust the landlord.
Could you please arrange for all fees to be refund as soon as possible.