75100385

I feel that I was miss sold my bank account at Santander. I

Customer Question

I feel that I was miss sold my bank account at Santander. I had a zero account with them but was told by a member of there staff that I would of been better off with a 123 account so I went with what the member of staff had told me thinking there new there job as it turns out there is an arranged over draft fee every month that I wasn't made aware of and I've in fact been worse off. I spoke to the bank manager and he agreed I was worse off so he put it to the complaints department who contacted me and ask why Had it taken me so long to realise there was an arranged overdraft fee in which I repliedthat I had just gone into full time employment so had been going through my bank statements and spotted it then,they said I'd left it to long for a refund and that all information about the arranged overdraft fee would of been in my new account pack that was sent out to me so then they asked if I was happy for the case to be closed which I replied no and be getting in touch with yourselves.
Darren Spencer
Hello Darren my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you get a written final response from the bank please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I think so but I'm away from home till Thursday evening but my partner is going to have a look this evening.
Ok.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think there is a case against Santander that need answering.
Yes I do. You need to get a final response from Santander. Once you have this then you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman who regulate banks. They are independent and can examine your complaint at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So has this cost me £38 for you to tell me to go to the ombudsman?
Or you can take it to court.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.