75100385

I received noitce of fine sent form back and paid fine

Customer Question

HI - i received noitce of fine sent form back and paid fine on line - i understood that the paper had been abolished and would be destroyed and that everything is now electronic - so did not send my plastic license in - ive now got a summonds - but my £100 as not been refunded and i did not get a letter saying they had my money but still needed the plastic lisence despite the changes in law - i am confused why they did not confirm receipt of money and that although paper no longer legal - that they needed to see the plastic ???? what should i do ??? it seems ive got caught in the middle of legilation changes - i understood that the paper had to be submitted to be unpdated only ?? Amanda
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Just to be clear they had charged you the fee but it was later refunded?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO i have not been refunded

I sent off the form

paid on line

and understood that the paper copies were deleted and all info would be held on the computer

and no letter received to confirm paid and still needed to send hte plastic in any event

You have the receipt showing you paid online?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - but that is not the point why have i got a summons instead of asking for my plastic - surely others are confused when teh paper has been abolished - sending in the plastic when they cannot do anything with it???

i am now getting ready to go to a business meeting

Dont worry. What you need to do is plead guilty by post and send in a copy of the receipt.
Say you have paid and that the Court ought to give you the same as a fixed penalty. The court is then likely to give you 3 points and a fine, which you have already paid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

and send in my license ?? they are taking me to court because i did not send in the plastic

Yes send in the licence as well. Don't worry about the court, you will get a fixed penalty.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we will see !!! surely they will charge me the cost of sending out paper work etc ??? should they not have sent me an extra letter in view of the changes in legislation amanda

No, it should be fixed costs.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?