LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

My son applied permission (and was granted) to

My son applied for planning permission (and was granted) to put mobile homes/caravans on his property. The Caravan Club certified the site and business is good. 2 neighbours have tried to stop this but cannot get legal support because their solicitor did not carry out a thorough search when they purchased their property. The neighbours are now trying to use the Caravan Club as a threat. Is this harassment? What can he do to stop this?

Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
In order to answer this can you p;lease tell me a little more about what they are raising, or threatening to raise with the caravan club.
I will be away from this site for some of today as I fit in answers here around other commitments but I will check again in the next couple of hours.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They are trying to use the good name of the Caravan Club as a means of saying "look at us, we've been really badly treated and the Caravan Club are supporting them, not us". In other words, using the CC to support them because their solicitors have been incompetent. The CC certified the site but now seem to be "sitting on the fence" rather than supporting my son. He has invested a lot of time and money into this project. The objectors seem reluctant to accept the principle of "caveat emptor"

But what are they saying has been done to them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They are saying that they now (at a distance) have to look at caravans.

I don't think that amounts to harassment but this must be an issue at most caravan sites. Although probably most people don't complain because looking at a few caravans isn't that great a hardship.
You are absolutely right caveat emptor applies and they should just put up with it.