We are Plumbing and Heating Firm. We have been working for

Customer Question

We are Plumbing and Heating Firm. We have been working for a building developer called Circle Developments. Submitted a Estimate to Plumb and Install Central Heating into 14 Flats the Estimate was for £75000.00 plus VAT of £15000.00 total Estimate of £90,000.
This Estimate was based on Floor plans of the Site/Building.
However over the course of the works the Interior Designer Added High Specification Bathrooms and Shower Rooms. There were also Several Changes made to the Kitchen Plumbing, There were additional costs also for the Flue Systems. The Contractor was made fully aware of the additional costs from month two of the works that the Labour Charge was going to be inflated due to the High Labour Intensity of the High Spec Bathroom Suites and Shower Rooms.
We went over the Limit if the Estimate last Estimate by £1900.
They at the moment owe us £12301. from the last Invoice and dated the 26/6{see below}
Total Outstanding £ 4628.89 From Invoice 19
Plus Invoice 20 £ 7672.80
Total Due £12301.69
They of today stated that they will only pay us a further £10306 plus an additional £8100 for the Extras. But there is still £4600 left on Materials to purchase to finish the job plus Labour of £5400 plus VAT which totals £12480.00
Please can you tell me were we stand. If we do not finish the Job and take them to court for the outstanding money and can and do we have a good case to take them to court for this money. Also what happens if there are problems with the final testing of our works by another firm that they take on to finish the job will they be able to take us to court.
many thanks
email ***@******.***
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know whether you have any form of signed contract?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no we never received or signed a contract we only ever received an email dated 24/1/15

Hi richard

Confirmation i have appointed you for the supply and fit plumbing and heating works at 7 calverley park gardens

To help the job run smoothley i have agreed to pay you weekly

Craig Derrick

Circle Developments

Sent from my iPhone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The reason you are experiencing a delay is because you are resisting this. You have two choices
1) Finish the job under protest and sue them for the difference, if that difference is £10,000 or below it will be a small claim. Based on what you have said I think you have a valid claim.
2) You can refuse to do any more until they agree to pay the full amount.
You can do either of these because there is no written contract preventing you walking off the job or suing them for the balance.