Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Do you think I should wait to see if he does come up with some

Do you think I should wait to see if he does come up with some pictures? Im concerned that the photos he provides (if any) may not be from the car I sold, or the fact his friend owns the garage he has used, may also be part of a cover up!
He also signed a receipt at the time of purchase stating the car was sold as seen, with no returns which I forgot to mention, both him and I have a copy of this.
I just find it hard to believe that a car that drove from here fine, developed such problems. The time frame does not add up either. I live near preston and Cardiff, where he was driving to is approx 3 hours away. He left here at 12pm ish and then sent the message at 6.05pm, saying the car had just seized outside of Birhmigham, about an hours drive from here? He could have been to Crdiff and back in that time? I just feel that something doesnt add up and he is trying to get some money back before he sends it on export.
thanks for your help.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi to be honest I would just ignore him completely. The car was sold as seen and you did not make any representations so it is his risk.
If he does produce photos then you can argue that they are irrelevant as you did not make any representations and the car was sold as seen.
I do not think he will claim. This is probably a try on.