Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Two years ago I have had an accident,a motorbike collided me

Two years ago I have had an accident,a motorbike collided me when im crossing the road.i have a solicitor for two long years who attended my case to claim some money because I am really damage a lot in my body.But after these 2 long years my solicitor told me that I don't have a witness,which is necessary.As what I remembered on that time of the accident the man who helped me and carry me together with the man who hitted me is my eye witness,and that is what he told me.Because he said its not my fault.But unluckily I did not get his name and telephone number because the ambulance that he called brought me in the hospital.What shall I do my solicitor told me now that they couldn't attend my case in no win no fee basis anymore,and if I want to continue my case I should go on by privately fund which I couldn't afford because I don't have fund for that case coz I couldn't work properly.Please help me what shall I do?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Had your solicitor led you to believe you had a good case and not previously mentioned the issue of the witness?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

only previously she said that I have no witness so they couldn't work for my case anymore.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
When did she say that and did they continue to work after saying that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This 8th of July,she wrote me saying that they are no longer to continue my case coz of luck of witness.And she said theres no reasonable prospect of success.And if I want to continue I should get a lawyer to pay privately.im satisfied to your answer.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** to that you had been told you had a good case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She have not mentioned that for 2 long years.They just ask me to send many things to win the case,example my bank accounts record and my expenditures since my accident.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok you have reason to feel aggrieved as she should have identified the witness problem from the outset.
You should ask for the firms complaint procedure and write to complaint to the Managing Partner of the firm.
If this does not resolve the issue then you can complain to the Legal Services Ombudsman who regulates the activities of solicitors
www.legalombudsman.org.uk
You should emphasis that had you been told this earlier you may have been able to resolve the issue and you should not be charged for work now as this is there mistake not yours.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.