Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

2 questions: 1. We have doubts as to whether our (apparently)

Customer Question

2 questions:
1. We have doubts as to whether our (apparently) significantly higher offer for a property has been passed to the vendor. Does the conveyancing solicitor acting for a prospective buyer have the right to ask an estate agent for details of the vendor's solicitor, even though - ostensibly - the agent has implied that the offer made by another prospective buyer has been accepted?
2. If not, given that the 'vendor' is the executors/beneficiaries of the deceased owner of the property, is there any way - other than through the vendor's solicitor - that we can make direct contact with the vendor representatives in order to ensure that our offer was duly presented to them?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

1. The Agent is under no obligation to disclose the Vendor's Solicitors details to your Solicitor, unless a Sale has been agreed, and in which circumstances they would issue a Memorandum of Sale confirming the names of the parties and their Solicitors. In all other circumstances, the Agents would be breaching confidentiality if they did disclose a Vendors Solicitors details to a third party.

2. You could contact the Vendors directly, by 2 methods. You could write a letter and post it through the letter box. If the property is empty, it may be some while before the Personal Reps attend again,so this may not be the quickest contact method.

Alternatively, your Solicitor can do an online search at the Land Regstry to find the full name of the deceased owner, and then he or you can do a postal search at Leeds Probate Registry for a copy of the Probate, which is a public document. The copy Probate, which only costs a nominal sum, will disclose the full names and home addresses of the Personal Representatives.

I hope this assists but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ForCustomer/p>

Many thanks for prompt reply - maybe a follow-up question once we've had time to access will/rep details. Very Good so far...

Hi David,

If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al

Hi David,

Can I assist you any further?

If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Al