31090051

I have been charged with drink driving 3 hours after I got

Customer Question

I have been charged with drink driving 3 hours after I got home , had reversed into a car earlier and slightly dame age a bumper gave all my details to the person. Came home and had several drinks . The police airrived later breathalized me and charged me with drink driving even though I told them when I got home I had been drinking
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
They have to prove you were over the drink drive limit whilst driving or in charge of the car. If they didn't breathalyser you for three hours after you got home they won't sustain a conviction for driving whilst over the limit. You should plead not guilty. If you have evidence in the form of a witness that you weren't drinking until after you got home you should have such a witness.
I hope that helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.