29905560

Being working since 26th Jan 2015 still within the 6 months

Customer Question

Being working since 26th Jan 2015 still within the 6 months probation period. Off sick for 1/2 day 8th June then off sick since the 12th June and still on going the sick note covers up till the 22nd July.
My pay for April was £455 and my pay for May was £485 am I able to get ssp
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you asked the employer for SSP?
Also can you please confirm your normal pay date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

7 days after the end of the month

ok so the 7th of each month? If so, do you know your earnings for the period 12 April - 7 June - these are the earnings that would be used in assessing your eligibility to SSP
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not understand what you mean

I assume you get paid on 7th of each month? If that is the case I need to know your earnings for the period 12 April - 7 June as that is what your entitlement to SSP would depend on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

April is £455 and May is £485 and June is £352

In order to qualify for SSP you must meet the following criteria:
• be an employee
• have been off sick for at least 4 days in a row
• earn at least £112 (before tax) per week
It appears that your earnings may be very near the limit – according to my calculations you have earned an average of 112.90 per week over the qualifying period but that is not an exact calculation as I do not know the exact pay you have received for the period 12 April – 7 June. As it is such a close calculation you will probably have to get an accountant to examine your pay in very great detail to ensure that you meet the minimum limit of £112 for that period – only if you meet that would you be entitled to SSP.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ben I did explain

April £455

May £485

and now for June £352.63

I understand that but as you are so close to the threshold, you need to ask the employer for a breakdown of the exact pay earned for the period I mentioned as that would determine your eligibility for SSP. The employer would know how to calculate this so you must ask them for this detailed breakdown - without the exact figures for the specific period I cannot confirm whether you can get SSP or not - you are very, very close to the yes/no threshold so a detailed breakdown is required
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you