29905560

I was watching (curiosity) an absolutely legit site on

I was watching (curiosity) an absolutely legit porno site on my ipad. All of sudden a window popped to tell me that I broke UK law. I closed everything immediately before reading the rest. No signs of virus infection after that. Should I be concerned? (I am)
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. These are common viruses (adware rather than the traditional virus we are familiar with) which make it look like you are genuinely breaking the law and try to extort money off you. Often they may ask for a 'fine' to be paid so that there is no further police or legal action. All of this is complete nonsense and it works by trying to scare the people into believing they have done something wrong and In a moment of panic to try and resolve this by doing whatever is asked of them. Do not worry about this and don't lose any sleep over it - nothing will come of it. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you