75100385

How does a Ltd company get dissolved? ~ My accountant set

How does a Ltd company get dissolved?
~ My accountant set one up for me in 2012.
~ I am the director.
~ It is registered at my accountants address.
~ I was waiting for his advice re. trading through it, but never actually traded through it.
~ No bank account set up for it.
~ The only activity was that there was a contract agreement signed in the Ltd Companys name when it was initially set up in 2012.
Accountant contacted me and recommended he filed dormant accounts in financial years ending 2013 and also in 2014. He did that.
No recommendations received re 2015.
I have not instructed this particular accountant on any of my accounts for years ending 2013 onwards although I have been in regular contact with him up until now.
I have never personally received any paperwork in relation to this Ltd company (it's registered at his address).
I have now seen at Companies House it has been dissolved.
I didn't know anything about it. Accountant is also claiming he knows nothing about it.
I would imagine there would have been a substantial amount of paperwork sent to the registered address regarding this before it was dissolved that he has not actioned or notified me about.
>>> Is this correct?
The reason it is important is the 1 and only contract signed in this name now has a query over it. If the name on the contract is in this Dissolved Ltd Company name....
a) is the contract invalid?
b) can I hold the accountant responsible? he is claiming he knows nothing about it.
c) is it worth looking at getting him to pay to undissolve it?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
There isnt a substantial paperwork sent. The application is sent to Companies House, they acknowledge it. That is all the paperwork sent to the Company address. Companies House then advertise it twice in the London Gazeltte and then its dissolved.
a) The contract is only valid between the parties named
b) You need to ask Companies House for a copy of the form dissolving to see who signed it
c) You can't really get it back un-dissolved without a Court order.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Alex.

Who can send and authorise the application to be dissolved to Companies house if it wasn't me (the Director) and wasn't my accountant?

It would seem absurd that neither he nor I would know anything about this?

Could you shed any further light on potential reasons?

It doesn't 'automatically' get dissolved after filing 2 years dormant accounts would it?

1) The Company secretary.
2). I can't say why you didnt know. You should contact companies house.
3) Yes Co House can strike it off for non filing and often does if documents fail to be filed.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Alex, it does help.

I think I need to return with this info to my a/c!

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.