12826847

I got pulled over on March 3rd by an ANPR car whilst driving

I got pulled over on March 3rd by an ANPR car whilst driving a courtesy car. He said I was doing 120mph. He issued a traffic offence report with code SV77011. I have heard nothing since. Are they going to prosecute me and is there a time limit? I did not receive a notice of intended prosecution. I read somewhere they have 6 months to do so?
I presume you are not the registered keeper of this vehicle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo, thanks for prompt response.

No, It was a courtesy car from Porsche during my regular car service. The alleged breach of speed limits was on a dual carriageway 70mph limit.

They do have six months to lay an information before the court and they are still in time.
The 14 day limit doesn't apply here because you were stopped at the scene and given a verbal nip and also you are not the registered keeper of the vehicle.
Whether they will summons or not is another matter. They do forget sometimes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Jo. How long do they have to notify me after presenting the information to court, can I request sight of the evidence upon which they rely e.g. ANPR video footage, before the hearing? I do not believe I was doing 120mph can I dispute it or would it just be better to plead guilty in terms of the penalty. Is a ban likely in these circumstances and if I plead guilty would it be better to turn up in court personally?

That should cover it!Thanks

Rob

They will have to send out evidence relied upon within 10 days of the trial although they do regularly neglect.
I'm afraid they could give you a short ban if this is 120 in a 70 zone. You want to be emphasising the shortness of any distance driven at speed, the clarity of the visibility, the absence of heavy traffic etc if indeed you can do so truthfully.
Yes you should attend in person.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** have to enter a plea before they present the evidence to me upon which they rely? That doesn't seem fair!

Is a short ban likely to be a month? Also is the fine means tested and if so, do they take outgoings into account, or just gross income?

Rob