75100385

I have been invited to attend a voluntary interview at

I have been invited to attend a voluntary interview at a police station that is 120 miles away from my home.is this normal? Also after the voluntary interview as finished will I able to leave or can they then arrest me and charge me?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi alex

I received a note through my door asking me to contact the police, I did so and the officer asked for me to come in for a voluntary interview in relation to theft. I agreed to be cooperative.

The police station is 120 miles away from my home address.

Seeing as though it is so far away I wondered whether being kept at the station could be a possibility as this reflects how I will get to the station and whether I will go alone.

If I admit guilt could I be charged held and sentenced the following day?

Was it local to where the theft took place?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, the officer said theft but I'm assuming that will turn into theft from employer and this would be a station local to the head office

Then sadly yes you have to go there. This is because any offence has been reported there.
Can you be arrested if you admit it - yes. But they are more likely to caution you or if they do charge you release you to attend Court on a later date.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much Alex. I'm going to request legal advice when I get to the station tomorrow as well. I just didn't want them to hold me 24 hours etc and find I was up in court Friday.

I'm basically being accused of taking money from parking meters that I emptied. It's my word against the company's that the money actually went back to the head office. The police have I assume been investigating this since I lost my employment in early March.

Indeed. Good luck with this.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?