I have a little situation going on with a new car. I

Customer Question

I have a little situation going on with a new car.
I ordered a new car from my local car dealer, and used my car as part exchange. The deal was made and the finance agreed. Recently we had a severe hailstorms. I arrived today at the showroom to exchange cars and they informed me that the hailstones had damaged the roof on the part exchange car and my insurance should pay to correct the damage. I don't believe this is correct. The deal had been made but now this company is throwing T&Cs on the condition of my part exchange car.
I have had problems with this company since the car arrived in the UK on the 13th June has I own a private number plate. They have taken nearly 5 weeks to retain my number plate and apply to my new car. They took the slow post root instead of online with DVLA and am already frustrated with the length of time and have made several complaints to the manager. I maintain that if they were more proactive with DVLA I would have received my new car before the storms, and the new car would be my responsibility, and the part exchange car would be there's. After a heated debate I have left the showroom in my old car but not sure if this is legal has my private number plate is now on 2 cars.
Just wanted your expert opinion on where I stand especially having agreed a deal and the damaged roof. Also never noticed any damage till today.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you accept there is a damaged roof?
Don't panic if I can't respond immediately. I am getting on a plane at 8pm but I'll pick up at the other end.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jo

I acknowledge there is damaged to the roof but this only became apparent today. It is a glass roof and you do need to look close to see damage.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What do the terms and conditions say about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not seen the T&Cs and do not know what they say.

I have ask to this morning for them to explain to me. They have just stated I can reverse the deal.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you want to post back when they respond that would be helpful. Then we will have a better idea of their argument and be on the same page.