75100385

A private parking company is taking county court action for

Customer Question

A private parking company is taking county court action for parking on a site they manage in 'breach of contract', They claim the contract was formed by their signage. It appears that the signage has been erected illegally - there is no planning consent so it contravenes The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations. Given that the signage is illegal, can any contract based on it be valid and enforceable?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much are they claiming please? How did the contravention come about? Did you overstay a ticket?
Do you have a contact number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex. Number added. Tks. Kevin

Calling.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Alex - appreciated. As discussed, I already included in my defence points about the lack of consideration etc., so hope the judge will be sympathetic on those. In respect of the principle that a contract cannot be valid or enforced if it is formed by signage that has been placed illegally ... is there a particular legal principle or phrase that I should quote? Many thanks. Kevin

Just cite the act and say they don't have planning etc. if you can get the council to confirm that would be great.