75100385

I need to get a B2 visa to enter usa holiday next year.

I need to get a B2 visa to enter usa for a holiday next year. I have a conviction for possession with intent class A&B ten years ago when I was 18. I only got a fine and 100 hour community service. I now own a house, ive always held a full time job, never did or do use any drugs and have not had any convictions since. The offence took place at a festival and I wasn't selling the drug I got asked to hold them when someone couldn't get in their locked tent and intended to give them back to him. With this being lowest level of poss with intent. Will this be taken into account when applying or is there no point applying with this serious conviction.
Many thanks Dave
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Was this intent to supply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I planned to give them back to the person who was camping with me for no fee or reward
Thank you.Sadly this will be taken into account, even though it was some time ago.
If you can show you have turned your life around, it should be fine. But given it is drugs with intent to supply that is very serious, even if you did just get Community Service.
You should apply, go for the interview and show now you are an upstanding community person.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know I will have to travel to London for an interview will I get the chance to explain the situation behind the arrest or will it simply be taken as that's the offence and that's how many "negative points" you get for that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In your previous experience how have applications turned out? Is there any other way I can improve my chances of being granted a visa?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still there?
Yes you will get a chance to explain. Only to improve chances would be to have a good job, do voluntary work etc. Generally be good in the Community.
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.