75100385

Mobile Phone ie. T Mobile signed up new contract March

Customer Question

Mobile Phone ie. T Mobile signed up for a new contract March 2015. Original contract was 3G with unlimited Internet access. New contract has only given me 1G, which does not cover my needs, plus having to purchase more data as allowance was used in 24 hrs! Spoke to customer service who said for an additional £3 l could get 3G. Went into a EE store with contract manager stated contract copy not fully complete neither was l informed of additional costs outside of the contract which should be on payee'so contract. Spoke to manager of original branch to resolve matter plus make a goodwill gesture to have 3G with out additional payment. Attitude unco-operative stating company copy was correct and information given correct plus my signature is on it!! Plus l would need 10G which l would have to pay for!No resolution of their mistakes either. Have been with T mobile 17 yrs. I feel as a good will gesture and the fact they made contractual mistakes plus having an additional 3 other lines and broadband - they had quite a hefty share of funds from myself as a customer! I require resolution and issues sorted, current contract runs until March 2017. Can you help?
June
How can I help with this please?
Also, I see you have not yet left feedback for a previous answer so I would be grateful if you could do that now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How can l get resolution from EE especially with my data situation? As l wasn't fully advised and now having less Internet data as before (unlimited ) l feel conned and exploited. In your opinion as the manager from another branch pointed out the mistakes in my contract she feels resolution and a good will gesture should be made for errors. Unfortunately as l did not get contract from her store she could not offer this gesture. The other manager was flippant and a liase fare attitude, basically fobbing me off and said write to head office complaints section ... not even taking into consideration that l have additional 3 other contracts with them and being a loyal customer for in excess of 17 yrs.

I will opt out for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what do you mean l will opt out for you???

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How can l rate you??? You've given no advice ... clarify "l will opt out for you?" means??

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, Nicola l still need advice regarding my question. It relates to T mobile / EE telephone contracts. l need resolution regarding this matter.
June
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

Please continue the search as l need resolution.

Thanks for your assistance.

June

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your assistance.

June

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Alex,

l want to T mobile to give me additional unlimited Internet access as 1G is wholly inadequate for my needs. Also my customer contract copy was not fully explained or completed indicating out side charges incurred once out of the plan.

As l previously stated l have been a loyal customer for in excess of 17 years plus have a further three lines with them. I feel conned and very frustrated by the manager Un reasonable stance or to offer resolution, then a blasé attitude of write to complaints department - this is not good enough.

Was this an upgrade over the phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, l actually went into shop, upgrade of phone completed in store. It was near closing at the time. My original contract had 3G unlimited access to Internet . IT was not fully explained to mean that l would have less data or unlimited status would be revoked. I use my phone to access my emails daily and to receive employment opportunities plus research information so do use the Internet a lot.

Alex, unsure if you read all my responses re: the situation ? However l always ask for information to be broken down as l'm an older individual and not on par with technology. I can only state a young man from the customer service actually informed that l only had 1G of data compares to 3G . He explained why l had no Internet and really between 3 - 10 G would be best suited to my needs. He stated a goodwill gesture of 3G should be given to me without additional costs via orginal store where update took place.

Did you sign a new contract?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, l did. The other manager from a local branch looked at my contract and pointed out sections were not completed. When speaking to manager of store upgrade took place, all she said is that l've signed the contract on her copy.

So Alex, are you intimating l have no rights as l've signed contract and therefore no resolution and will have to change contract and pay additional charges?

I didnt say that. You need to write to the Company and set out your position. If they refuse to accept it then you can go to the Ombudsman. They offer a free independent service at: http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html
If that does not work then you can go to Court. You would need to complete form N1:
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
The court will issue the claim then set it down for a hearing. At this hearing a Judge will decide whether to make then honour what you said.