12826847

I have given notice to leave an assured shorthold tenancy two

I have given notice to leave an assured shorthold tenancy two and a half months before it ends. Obviously I will be paying the rent until the end of the lease. My landlords, who have a shop under the flat I rent have become quite unpleasant. I am expected to inform them of my movements, justify why I cut a holiday short, help on demand with a holiday rental for free. In short they believe that being their tenant gives them control over me. I am widowed, pensioner with no family. Is there legal action I could take if they get worse?
There isn't any particular action you can take about these demands but you can just refuse to comply with them. They have no grounds to make them. Some are frankly ridiculous and completely unenforceable against you.
Making unenforceable demands of this nature wouldn't amount to harassment though. Demands to be allowed into your flat or similar things may.
But there is no need to comply with these requests.