12826847

Today I have been asked whether I would like to resign or be

Customer Question

Today I have been asked whether I would like to resign or be sacked from my employer, I have been with them 15 mths, they have given me until noon tomorrow to give them an answer. If I sent in a sick note tomorrow how would I stand on this.. Thank you
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What are the circumstances leading to this ultimatum?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a meeting with my manager yesterday explaining how I felt I was being pushed out of the business and how I was being treated by certain individuals. Today was the follow up meeting and they said my work wasn't good enough, I have been there 15 months, passed a 3 month probation period and had lots of praise. The company has been through a period of change and is struggling financially. I am on 3 months notice and they said I could resign or be sacked and I have until tomorrow at noon to give them my decision. As it stands now it's only been a discussion ie I still have all my company property and not got written confirmation. I was hoping to go to the Doctors in the morning and issue the company with a sick note and to resign after my period of sickness. How does that stand in law as we have had the discussion but they are awaiting my decision, it would bide me time to look for another position. Thanks you
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Do you believe that you are being discriminated against in any way in them offering you this consultation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no legal rights as I haven't been there 2 years. I started as Financial Controller then they asked me to do a project, they back filled my role but I have always believed this was to get me out of the business. Yesterday I raised some concerns about how I felt, and today's follow up meeting was dismissal, so yes I do.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok on what grounds do you believe this is the case. In order to have rights to claim without adequate service this would normally be on the basis of sex, race, religion, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation or for raising a health & safety or other whistleblowing complaint?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It wouldn't be any of those. I just want to know if I could put in a sick note and resign once my sick note expires?