12826847

I am renting a house which has a terrace, a beautiful sea view

Customer Question

I am renting a house which has a terrace, a beautiful sea view and an outdoor swimming pool. Three men arrived today and said the landlord had employed them to erect a scaffold around the house, I sent them away. The land lord had not informed me that major works were to be carried out. Landlord has now apologised for not warning me, and says scaffolders will return this Monday to put up scaffold, in order that roof replacement can commence. I have objected and he says it is going ahead this coming Monday.
I am one week into a month off work and was looking forward to enjoying this house, view and pool over next few weeks while it is summer. I had mentioned this to the landlord about a week ago- thus he was aware I was off work and expecting several guests.
Is the landlord within his rights to erect scaffold and undertake major works, having now provided four days notice to me?
Can I refuse access to the builders and scaffolders? Or do I have any course of action?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know what the tenancy agreement say about this?