How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Dear SirsI own a house with rear garden, there was a 20 ft

Customer Question

Dear Sirs I own a house with rear garden, there was a 20 ft hedge at the bottom of my garden probably from when site was fields. Beyond that is a garden and then an end terrace house. The mid terrace house adjacent to that employed a so called gardener to trim her hedge, she asked her neighbour (the owner of the end terrace house above) if he also wanted there hedge trimmed. Both neighbours inform me that they instructed the gardener just to cut overhang. Being a Friday (12th June 2015) both neighbours, so they inform me, were not at home when the gardener attended. I myself was away from home at a wedding. The following morning I opened my curtains to find that my hedge had been demolished. My privacy has gone, and it has disrupted my sleep as the sunlight comes straight into my bedroom. (The ground where the hedge was belongs to me according to my title deeds). The gardener was still present on the Saturday morning, with 2 of my own witnesses and a policeman the gardener admitted he had trespassed on my property and cut my hedge down, he said he would rectifty. (The policeman said he could not get involved as it was a civil matter. I have been told by Citizens Advice not to deal with the gardener but the neighbour who instructed him. Thus I wrote to the neighbour (I did mention she may wish to contact her insurance company), she said she would phone the gardener. I have not heard anything further. Since then I have considered that I do not want her gardener back on my own property. I have obtained a quotation from another gardening company. I am in order to tell my neighbour that I do not want her gardener to come onto my property, I do not want him to "rectify", and can I ask her for compensation ? If so do I just ask for the price on the quotation I have received? or loss of privacy (but I do not know what figure this would be!). Could I asked that she pay me say within fourteen days? Thank you for your help Mrs K XXXXX

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

dear nicola if you could try and find someone that would be helpful. would you mind letting me know how your getting on by the end of thisweek (24 july) thank you mrs k XXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola

Thank you for your reply.

If you are unable to find a professional to answer my question, then you obviously cannot proceed any further.

Would you please be kind enough to refund the £26.00 I paid back to my account.

Thank you


Related Law Questions