12826847

Good afternoon. I am desperately seeking advice on an issue

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I am desperately seeking advice on an issue involving the DVLA and a my missing driving licence. It's bit long winded as I have been talking to the DVLA in Swansea for the past 2 weeks trying to resolve this issue and getting nowhere. So I will try to condense this as much as possible..
I passed my driving test on the 3rd of June 2015. On passing the test I handed my instructor my provisional licence and the correct forms with my current address were sent to the appropriate people. Obviously as time went by and I still hadn't received my full licence I started to get a little concerned so decided to chase it up with the DVLA. On talking to them the first issue I encountered was that the address they had for me on their system was an old London address from over 2 and a half years ago from a previous provisional licence. They had no record of my current ( home ) address. They asked me if I could have possibly applied for a 'new' licence at the time instead of renewing the old one to which my response was no, as my driver number on my new licence was the same as the one on their system..Just the address was different. I then went on to explain to them that my provisional licence that I have held for the past 2 and a half years had my current address on it and was the one I had been using for lessons, theory, practical test etc. I have all documents and certificates with my current address on to prove that including a practical pass test certificate. They did not and still have not given me any clear explanation as to why I was sent a provisional licence with my current address on but yet they still have an old address on their system. I have been told to this day that they have no record of my current address ( even though they sent me the provisional licence in the first place ) and that my case is being investigated in the correct department from which I still have no answer. I have been told today that they have sent the DVSA repeated emails to confirm my current address to which they have had no reply!
So I decided to do some digging myself and yesterday went to find my examiner at my test centre to get some help. She wasn't there but phoned me back this morning to say that she had copies of all the correct signed paperwork in her hand that she sent at the time of my test. She told me she had spoken to a particular person at the DVLA and they had told her that I WAS issued my full licence around the 4th or 5th of June and the address they had sent it to was the correct one! I am waiting for a call back from her this afternoon as she is speaking to this person again. I am extremely worried and confused about what exactly has happened as I feel that somewhere along the lines a massive mistake has been made and it is my identity that is being messed about with..I am still currently waiting for news.
Kind Regards
***** *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I am sorry to hear this. I assume you just want your full licence? Do you have a copy of your pass certificate ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I desperately want my full licence, it's been a month and a half since my test and I do have my pass certificate. But I am now extremely concerned as to the mix up with my identity and why I am constantly being told different things by different people.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have the DVLA written to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No they have no made any contact with me. If I had not called them I would not have found any of this out and would not receive my licence at all.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Have they said what will happen now or how long it will take?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I haven't been given any indication as to how long this will take. Just that they are dealing with it and will be in touch.

Am I entitled to any kind of compensation for their mistakes and the handling of my situation..?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have you made a formal Written complaint yet?