12826847

I have had an 'attachment of earnings order' sent to me

Hi, I have had an 'attachment of earnings order' sent to me regarding one of my members of staff. It has been sent by Jacobs enforcement agency, not a court or HMRC. Do I need to follow it? Thanks, Sadie
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Does the order refer to a court or is it stamped by a court service?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, there is no court stamp. It is Jacob's headed paper and only refers to the court.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have attached the 1st two pages for you in hope that it will assist.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I apologise for the enormous quantity of repetitive attachments. I didn't think they ha uploaded so kept going! It's probably only the bottom 2 which will be most useful.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can wait. I don't imagine I can do much until Monday now.

Sadie

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I have been asked to look at this.
Is there any reason you think this may not be valid?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ive never come accross one before and the letter 'sounded' a little crass. Some of the bumph with it is badly formatted. It just didn't all seem professional for something so important.

It mentions a date that Tammy attended court in 2013 which is correct. I attended court with her but the case related to an unpaid court fine following trespass on a railway line, not council tax. She was given a payment plan which was paid off as per instruction.

As part of the judgement she was firmly advised that should she not pay it would result in a custodial sentence. AEO's were never mentioned.

No, that is because they are court enforcers rather than court officials.
That very definitely is a valid order.
Obviously nobody can guarantee that specific document is not a forgery although it is incredibly unlikely.
If she was taken to court for council tax arrears then they will seek and will get an attachment to earnings order.
I'm very sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Jo. Yes I am happy with the response although she wasn't taken to court over council tax arrears.

None the less, I will pay accordingly .... and take the pathetic £1 per payment that I am entitled to for admin Undecided

Sadie

Is there a liability order against her?
These papers tend to suggest there must have been.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not that I nor she know about. How do I find out?

Call the council and ask.
They are often done in absence.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice