How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

If a judgement has been given in a civil case and the case

Resolved Question:

If a judgement has been given in a civil case and the case is over and at a later date evidence comes to light which shows that the judgement is incorrect, is there any way to have the judgement overturned, or the case re-tried.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How long after?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

the final judgement was on 10th June 2015. We are collecting new evidence now.

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Was this evidence available on 10th June 2015?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we had the information but evidence to back it up was not available on 10th June.

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Why not?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think I just answered that, question, what I mean is that we knew the facts and issues but we did not have evidence to hand to prove it, I am asking that if I find evidence at a later date can anything be done about the verdict

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If it was potentially available at the time you can't reopen it. You should have collected the evidence. Therefore you can't appeal and introduce new evidence.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the reply, this is as I expected and not as I would have liked but there is little to be done about it now.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards