12826847

I might be getting charged with a crime that is likely

Hi, I might be getting charged with a crime that is likely to go to the crown court. I am currently on unconditional bail. What I want to know is, if I move , will I likely be sent to the crown court nearest to my new address.
No, I am sorry.
It will be committed to the nearest crown court from the Magistrates court covering the area in which the offence was said to have been committed. It is listed for ease of the prosecution rather than the defendant I'm afraid.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, what if I moved before it went to the magistrates court?Also if I moved to a new address, would this new address be named in the media or would they mention my original address?
It wouldn't make any difference.
The issue is where the crime was committed.
They will need your new address and you may be on a condition of residence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Would the media be able to mention the original address even though I wouldn't be living there anymore.
Yes, they could but they won't do that. They would have no reason to do so.