31090051

My 90 year old Grandfather changed his will 10 days before

My 90 year old Grandfather changed his will 10 days before he died whilst on his death bed to cut my mum out of his will. The money was left to the other brother and sister who where looking after him when he died. We suspect foul play. We also suspect he was not of sound mind when he wrote this will. Who determines, at the time, whether he was of sound mind or not? does a medically trained proffesional need to do this? Many thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The court would determine whether he was of sound mind or not. The party challenging the will would have to provide evidence and part of that evidence would be the doctor in charge of his care and any other medical staff involved who could give evidence. The court would hear the evidence and make a judgment.
You would have to instruct a solicitor to take court proceedings on your behalf.
I hope that helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.