How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ash Your Own Question

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Good afternoon I just received a letter from my insurance

Customer Question

good afternoon
I just received a letter from my insurance broker who ask me to pay back the money which they paid out to other insurance company. I involved in a road accident last year, which is my fault, later, the insurance broker invalidate the cover, didn't make any payment in respect of the claim, because they said I didn't notified them changes on the statement of insurance
now, the insurance broker has discharged the third party claim, and under the terms of the 1988 Road Traffic Act, they have the right to recover any money paid out from me.
I need the advice, please, thank you very much
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you fail to notify them of a change please? How much is being asked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex

thank you for the reply

yes, I forgot to notify them of the change .

the amount they ask for is £16000, I nearly had heart attack.

I understand that insurance company have to pay the third party compensation & maybe the personal injuries claim, but such a big amount is shocking

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What was the change please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one is occupation: change from delivery driver to restaurant owner

another is IN10 conviction

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Why didn't you tell them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

to be honest

at that time I thought the restaurant owner occupation is less risk than the delivery driver occupation

for conviction, I was afraid to tell them in case the insurance company wouldn't cover me

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The reality is you may have to pay it. But we can go through a couple of steps. You need to first write and set out a complaint that they are refusing to indemnify you. They will investigate the complaint and report back to you. If they dont uphold the complaint, which in reality they are unlikely to then you can complain to the Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint at:
But sadly if they reject your complaint there is nothing else you can do. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.


What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions