Good afternoon I just received a letter from my insurance

Customer Question

good afternoon
I just received a letter from my insurance broker who ask me to pay back the money which they paid out to other insurance company. I involved in a road accident last year, which is my fault, later, the insurance broker invalidate the cover, didn't make any payment in respect of the claim, because they said I didn't notified them changes on the statement of insurance
now, the insurance broker has discharged the third party claim, and under the terms of the 1988 Road Traffic Act, they have the right to recover any money paid out from me.
I need the advice, please, thank you very much
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you fail to notify them of a change please? How much is being asked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex

thank you for the reply

yes, I forgot to notify them of the change .

the amount they ask for is £16000, I nearly had heart attack.

I understand that insurance company have to pay the third party compensation & maybe the personal injuries claim, but such a big amount is shocking

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What was the change please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one is occupation: change from delivery driver to restaurant owner

another is IN10 conviction

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Why didn't you tell them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

to be honest

at that time I thought the restaurant owner occupation is less risk than the delivery driver occupation

for conviction, I was afraid to tell them in case the insurance company wouldn't cover me

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The reality is you may have to pay it. But we can go through a couple of steps. You need to first write and set out a complaint that they are refusing to indemnify you. They will investigate the complaint and report back to you. If they dont uphold the complaint, which in reality they are unlikely to then you can complain to the Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint at:
But sadly if they reject your complaint there is nothing else you can do. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.