12826847

MY NIECE IS IN END OF LIFE CARE - HER HUSBAND HAS BANNED HER

mY NIECE IS IN END OF LIFE CARE - HER HUSBAND HAS BANNED HER FAMILY FROM VISITING HER. tHE pOLICE HAVE BEEN INVOLVED AS HE ASSAULTED HER mother AND HER FATHER. sHE HAS NOT GOT LONG - WHAT STEPS CAN WE TAKE
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Happy to wait
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to know whether their is any legislation that can force the husband to allow his wife access to her parents. She is NOT an object and has the right to self determination. the house is in joint names so does he have the authority to ban the parents from entering the house?
There is only one option.
At least, of course the wife can allow access as she chooses. She is as much entitled to be there as he is. If the issue is that she is not able to do that though then he is doing nothing unlawful I'm afraid in refusing access. He has every right to be there and to determine who enters.
The only possible option is to seek an injunction forcing him to allow access but then there would need realistically to be some evidence that the wife wants to see them at this time.
It is not really a police matter. it was good of them to become involved at all as they could have refused.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice