12826847

I am buying my housing association freehold house and a few

Customer Question

I am buying my housing association freehold house and a few years ago the housing association wrote to me telling me that i was not allowed to have any more dogs and after the ones i had either died or i no longer had them, i was not allowed to get any others. They have written in to my purchase contract, "Not to keep a dog or other animal without written consent of the Transferor first having been obtained such consent not to be witheld or delayed and where this is granted to keep the said animal under control at all times"
Is this really enforceable? What are the consequences of breaking it? My conveyancing solicitor has told me that this will be the same for when i sell the property to my purchasers. It is a semi detached house with its own front and rear gardens with no rights of way access.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Which part of the UK are you in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm in Buckinghamshire. My original contract stated I was allowed animals but I had a very horrid neighbour that has since moved that complained so they visited me, took details of my pets and sent me the letter as mentioned previously.

Do you know if other properties sold on the same estate have the same restriction?