75100385

Could i claim mis sold solar panels if they sold them to one

Customer Question

could i claim mis sold solar panels if they sold them to one of the owners without the getting permission off the other taking into account the person they sold to is 69 yrs old i am not happy they sold them to my brother part owner with me with out me knowing.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did they have permission from the person that signed the order?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my brother didnt say he gave permission.i thought it would be general practice for the company to know who owned the property because in some cases a lease is drawn up on the solar panels. My brother is a defensive about the subject.

Was the order signed at the house or at the sellers shop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would think in the house but will have to check

Please. If they did it at house, they would have given a cooling off period, so please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not know about solar panels until well after any cooling off period. the problem is these panels were sold to single occupancy house with very low energy bills with some body well into there senior years thus making it less lightly to any profit.sold on idea it would put value on property,when they would know that no value is agreed with any estate agent or building survey. the price the gov. give for generated energy has reduced. In my opinion the true advantage here was they got a sale of £3,500 regardless of the lack of true value to the customer.

But the order was signed by someone who was competent to do so and there was a cooling off period, is that right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i think you have answered my original Question in your opinion have no claim in this case. I just wish my brother had told me.

I am sorry, but this is why I needed to clarify the position with you. They do not need permission of the owners, as if someone signs the form, it is assumed they are authorised to do so.
Then you are given a cooling off period so time to cancel. I am sorry, but I have solar panels and they generate around £500 a quarter. I am also using less energy as well, so its worthwhile for me.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I AM NOT TIPPING SOME HOW I HAVE BEEN CHARGED 38 POUNDS NEED ADVISE HOW TO CANCE.

Might I ask you to contact customer services for any billing questions as I do not have access to that side.
Thanks!

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.