75100385

I have an electrity pole adjacent to my property which is constantly

Customer Question

I have an electrity pole adjacent to my property which is constantly causing problems with people hitting it and with me and visitors to my property having difficulty getting on and off my drive. There is a protective wire around the property and this protrudes from the pole to cause a lot of the problems. I entered into correspondence with the Electricity company to move the pole and they agreed to move it at a cost to me of £7,500 but as the pole is not on my property and is causing a nuisance to me and other users of the road I live in I argued it was their responsibility and therefore they should pay for the removal although because I was so concerned I would pay half the cost in an effort to meet half way. The correspondence became involved with the electricity company standing their ground and basically ended with them saying that there were no issues with the pole and quoted the Electricity Act 1989. There was early telephone discussion where the Electricity company represented said that the company "had big pockets and could employee specialist lawyers" tantamount to intimidation. However I kept communicating with them and said I was prepared to issue proceedings to let a court decide. Their final letter said NO again and they have now placed horrendous luminous signs on the pole and wire which have made the boundary of my property look like an industrial sight, and which tinges of nastiness to make me go away. Is there any way I can bring proceedings under the law of Nuisance, in that their pole causes so much nuisance to me as a property owner and users of the road I live in and present a danger. The luminous signs they have erected have definitely spoilt the look fo my property and surrounding area and indeed I think that they highlight the pole and wire are a danger. Please advise me if there are any actions I can take to get the Electricity company to move the pole and remove the luminous signs from my property. Whilst the Electricity Company have said they will remove the pole at a cost to me of £7,500 plus all extra costs of telephone wires etc being moved which may amount to in excess of £10,000, I feel that this is an unfair offer of settlement and would like to find a way of them removing the pole and allow me to use my home and the adjacent road without being confronted with the danger and nuisance that the pole creates.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How long has the pole been there please?
Do you have a number we can chat on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

07595021887

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you advise if the Electricity Power Act 1989 would prevent us taking any action in the Courts against the Electricity company for removal of the pole i.e "nuisance" and even if they will not remove the pole, can the hideous luminous signs be removed because the blight our property?

Ok. When would be good to call?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Now would be good thanks.

May I call you at 1030 as I have a court hearing shortly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes if course, I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alex, can I ask, as the Electricity company have displayed their large luminous signs and put luminous lights around the pole, does this imply that they accept the pole and wire are a danger?

Not a danger as such, but certainly to heed its presence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** take on board all your points and I will revert to you if we require anything further, so can you keep this link open for the next couple of hours.

Sure.