UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have applied citizenship and I have been

Customer Question

hi
I have applied for British citizenship and I have been asked to provide further documents which refer to a period from 7yrs ago. This period falls outside of my qualifying period of 5 yaers and is incorrectly in the letter from UK Visa and Immigration as "within my qualifying period". putting together all the documents will take me some time and i wonder if there is a better way to deal with the situation. May be challenge the further information request as outside of scope?
Thank you in advance
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you should point out that the request for information falls outside your qualifying period and that the request is not relevant to your application as they should only consider 5 years residency going back from the date of receipt of your application.
Hope this helps