12826847

I am the owner of a ground floor flat and the freeholder of

Customer Question

I am the owner of a ground floor flat and the freeholder of the house that is converted into three flats. I have a kitchen extension and the flat upstairs has a French window that opens out onto the roof of my kitchen extension. Can I insist the tenants do not open the door because when they do they have to restrain the door with something to prevent it banging? This means they have to put something on my roof. They claim they have not stepped on the roof but hold the doors back with a brick. That can potentially damage my newly refurbished roof. The roof is only guaranteed if it is not used. I have asked the landlord to put restrainers the doors but he insists telling the tenants not to access my roof is sufficient. Can I insist they do not open the door outwards? What are my legal options?

Do you need any more information? I'm hoping for an answer soon.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I will wait. Thank you!

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please close the question and refund my £13.