75100385

My husband was killed in a motorbike accident in 2012.the man

My husband was killed in a motorbike accident in 2012.the man accussed was found guilty in crown court.his insurance company are stalling and finding every excuse to not pay out even though the forensic solicitors have come up with a fair amount based on the ogden scales.my solicitor doesnt seem bothered and just keep givin in to the insurance who keep asking for the same information over and over again.please wot do i do to get a fair deal and justice for my husband?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They offered me less than half of what we were asking for and i refused.since rhen they have been a nightmare and now want to knock off another 20 percent as they say one of my husbands tyres was slighrly deflated.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know at what stage proceedings are?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are supposed to be in tge final stages of negotiations now but the insurance company keeps stalling and asking for irrellevent information mostly what they have already had at the beginnimg of the case.my solicitors response to us making them go to court was it may be worthwhile it may not depending on whos on that day.i. Feel helpless as the amount there offering is not acceptable but no one really seems bothered.financially i owe money everywhere because i had to borrow to live whilst this has been on going for far too long
Have proceedings been issued?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No proceedings have been issued as my soliciter doesnt seem to want this as she says i may not come out with more than they are offering anyway
Are you on a no win no fee?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes i believe i am
Have you had Counsels advice as to the offer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the offer was too low and no where near the forensic accountants recommended amount
Ok. Have you complained formally to the firm?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No i havnt because its so close to the. End of the case i was hoping it could be completed.this is where im confused as to what to do because i dont want to upset my solicitor in case she gets worse.she just seems so unbothered and laid back about what to me is my life and justice for my husband
Are the insurance company in theie right to keep stalling and being deliberately awkward?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can i demand a court hearing even though no one seems to think this will help
I am not prepared to accept less than half of what was recommended. All i want is a fair ending to this
Yes you can. But you run a risk that IF the Court awards lower than the offer made you would be liable for the costs.
If the insurance company are stalling you can complain to the Ombudsman who regulate them. Their website is: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks i will get in touch with these people and put in a complaint.why would the courts award be lower when the foreensic accountants have done a clear precise calculation based on the ogden scales? Wots the point in these scales and calculations if their completely ignored?
Exactly I agree.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.