75100385

I ordered and paid for - £882 - flooring from and Q. When

I ordered and paid for - £882 - flooring from B and Q. When I rang them to arrange a delivery date I was told that the flooring had been sold. I should add that the flooring was to match existing flooring in an extension and apparently this wood was the last in the country and is now unavailable. I have been offered a cheaper flooring costing about £690 and a £200 store voucher. This flooring is a different pattern, wider and a different connection technique.
Would you consider that B and Q have a case to answer?
Penny Harrison
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I
Hi Alex
I think what would be a reasonable outcome is for B and Q to supply the flooring for my extension free of charge as they have sold the flooring I had already paid for.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Than you for your reply. I guess I'm out of date as I paid for the flooring in May. They have offered a full refund plus a £50 voucher or get the wood from them and get a £200 voucher. As the extension is just waiting for the flooring I think it's best if I take the second offer. Although I feel aggrieved I just want to get all the work finished and Small Claims could take a while. But thank you for your advice and I'm happy to pay for this advice.
Penny Harrison
You have 6 years to bring a claim so you are not out of date. Small claims can take a few months but once you issue a claim they are more likely to stand up and take notice.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.