LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

What is meaning of balance of probabilities? Asma

Customer Question

Hi what is meaning of balance of probabilities?
Asma
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience I will try to answer this for you. I know you requested another lawyer but the question has been listed for 90 minutes now so I hope I am not being rude in answering.
Balance of probabilities simply means more likely then not or a likelihood of over 50%.
It is the standard of proof in most Civil Courts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I have final hearing for ancillary matters. Ex is hiding not disclosing bank statements various things on the deficiencies. If ex still continues what maybe the outcome?
I can't possibly answer that. Do you have a lawyer acting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes I do but the ex husband solicitor lies at court my barrister does not challenge them. Pre trial was last Friday we had good chance to defend our case but my barrister did not contest.
My barrister is waiting for the final hearing in 3 weeks to cross examine ex I am not sure if he will and succeed because of his lack preparation of my case
Asma
OK, in that case you need to talk to your solicitor not the barrister and make him well aware of your concerns. Send him a letter/email setting out the concerns you have and asking for a meeting to discuss those issues. He will pretty much have to see yo if you do that. If you are legally aided this will not cost any extra, if you are paying privately you will need to pay some extra fees.
It will not be possible for anyone on this site to give better answers than your own lawyers at this stage of your case.
I wish you the best with your hearing?