29905560

I am hoping to prove that I am the father of an, as yet, unborn

Customer Question

I am hoping to prove that I am the father of an, as yet, unborn child.I am preparing to make an application to court to request a DNA test. I am quite sure that the child is mine but the mother, who has just given birth, has told me that I am not the father and that I will not be allowed any contact.
I was given this information bt a text sent to my mobile phone. I have kept the text message.
Is the text message allowable in law as it clearly indicates that I will need to seek a court order to require DNA to go ahead?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When you ask if it is allowable in law, in what way exactly are you referring to please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am asking if a text message via mobile phone is accepted as evidence if I were to take the issue to a family court. I am reasonably sure that I am the childs father but the mother is denying this. I am prepared to take the matter to court and to try to get a DNA test done but I may need to use the fact that my ex-partner is trying to prevent me from being shown on the birth certificate and registration documents. I may have to rely on the fact that she sent the text message if I am going to apply for a court order in respect of Parental Responsibility.

Ben. I am Daniels father and I am trying to help him through this messy situation. I am aware of the situation and request that you copy me in any further correspondence. I appreciate that you will have to ask Daniel for his approval. My Email address is :-

***@******.***

Phone 01359 240180

Hi, it is not a problem to communicate directly with you – I do not need the approval of anyone else, even if we are talking about them. Going back to your query, a text message could indeed be used as evidence in court of needed. Evidence is not limited to paper documents and a text message can be just as valid as an email, fax, letter, other paper documents or even a voicemail and verbal discussions. Even without the text message you could go ahead and make the request anyway as such evidence is not a legal requirement before you can apply for a DNA test. You just need to know that someone has refused to accept you are the parent of a child and denied you the opportunity to take a DNA test. The steps you need to follow to get the test done can be found here, together with the form (C63) you need to complete: https://www.gov.uk/dna-testing-parentage-disagreements It contains details of the fees and what you need to do to complete the process. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ben I rate the service Good and depending on how we get on in the hearing it might even get better!!!

Thank you, ***** *****

Many thanks and best of luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What if the baby's mother won't agree to a DNA test? I have made contact with her and asked if she will agree to testing and she just ignores the request.
Hello David, if the other party does not consent to the test then you need to fill in form C63 as discussed in my earlier response